There are some things only publishers will understand. Maybe you can relate?
1. Having to Constantly Come up With New Content
Been there, done that, need something new…
2. When People Don’t Give you Credit for Your Ideas
All we ask for is a link back.
3. When Family and Friends Question the Validity of your Career Choice as a Publisher
Then there’s this publisher. She was a financial analyst but she quit her full-time job to blog. Now she makes more than an attorney.
4. When an Ad Starts to Play Music in one of your Browser Tabs
5. When say, a Tech Site Owner Gets Invited to a Food Site’s Event
6. When a PR Firm Invites you to an Event the Day Before, or the Day of the Event
7. A Company Asking for a Post About their Contest for Free or a “Social Mention”
Unfortunately, the kids can’t eat likes.
8. When Your Post Goes Viral and Your Ads Aren’t Showing Up!
Or the server crashes and everyone gets a 404 error.
9. When Someone Talks Smack Behind your Back Over Owning a Website
Get a grip! It’s publishing people, not world peace!
10. Not Getting Paid on Time
Wrote the post. Shared it on social media. Used the hashtags. Now just want to get paid.
11. When You See Your Stats on the First Day of Q1
We miss you Christmas.
12. When People Say Monetizing your Site is Selling Out
13. When Your Pageviews are Down
14. When Companies Try to Trick Publishers into Doing Free Advertising for Them
15. Figuring out SEO
This post about keyword research can help.
16. When WordPress/Internet Goes Down in the Middle of Writing a Post
Or when Buzzfeed deletes your post.
17. Always Having to Photograph your Food
Food is to be documented not eaten.
18. When Your Traffic is Slow
19. When Someone Comments to Ask a Question That is Answered on the Page
Credit: Pretty Providence.
20. When People Think Being a Publisher is so Easy Anyone Can do it.
Spend 20+ hours writing one piece of content and let us know how it goes.
Have anything to add? Comment!